Keep your follow-up phone call brief and focused by sticking to these objectives:
1. Re-introduce yourself and mention something you did or said on the interview to help the employer remember you.
2. Determine if the position you're applying for has been filled. If it has been filled, ask if there is another position available that fits your qualifications.
3. If the job is still open, let the employer know that you are still very interested in the job.
4. Briefly remind the employer how your skills and experiences make you an ideal candidate for the job.
5. Find out if there is anything else you can do to help you get the job while you are waiting to hear from them.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|