Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Interview Tips and other Career topics.
In an interview, it is almost always a mistake to disparage the company you are leaving. Instead, look at the company's published information and pick out a few strengths that make valid reasons for wanting to make a change.
For example, you could talk about:
- how well it's regarded in the industry
- its cutting edge technology
- what you hope to learn from the company
- the prospects for career development that are different from your old company
- changes in your life and career aspirations that make change a good option for you
- the location.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|