Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Resume Tips and other Career topics.
- Be specific about your skills
- Use action words
- Keep to one page unless you have extensive, unique experiences
- Use straight forward language, and have someone else proofread for grammar and spelling errors
- If possible, do it yourself, it will help on the interview if your information is fresh in your mind.
- Ramble or write the resume as a narrative (use bulleted topics)
- Say anything negative.
- List salary requirements
- Tell about hobbies, unless they are relevant to the work
- Give personal demographics (height, weight, age, children, spouse)
- Attach a photo