Follow these guidelines when interviewing to present yourself in the best light.
1. Plan to arrive 10 minutes early for your interview. This shows you are respectful of the employer's time and gives you some leeway in case you have difficulty getting there.
2. Let the interviewer lead the conversation. Although you want to talk about yourself, keep your responses focused on the job at hand instead of personal issues.
3. Come prepared with at least three questions to ask the interviewer about the company and the position you are applying for.
4. Always follow-up with a "thank you" note or letter.
5. Limit the amount of times you call the employer to check in on the status of the position.
6. If you didn't get the job, send a letter thanking the employer for the opportunity to apply and asking for information on other open positions.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.