Prepare yourself to negotiate for your next raise by considering the following questions:
- How long have you been with the company?
- What is your function within the office?
- How well does the office get along when you are gone?
- What is your education level?
- Have any of your colleagues received a raise recently?
- What is your relationship with your boss? Does he/she seem to respect you?
- Have you met or exceeded objectives on your recent evaluations?
- Have you done anything lately that has made more money for the company?
If your boss declines to give you a raise at this time, ask what you can do to earn a raise and how long you should wait before scheduling another appointment to talk about your compensation.