Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Interview Tips and other Career topics.
You only have five seconds to make a first impression. In a job interview, these five seconds could determine how you spend a large portion of your life. To make the best first impression, follow these quidelines:
1. Make sure you are dressed appropriately and well groomed.
2. Keep jewelry conservative and cologne/perfume subtle.
3. Make eye contact.
4. Shake hands with a firm, full-handed grip.
5. Introduce yourself. The interviewer may have gone through several interviews already, and could lose track of where he left off.
6. Smile. A smile shows sincerity, caring, and interest.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|