You only have five seconds to make a first impression. In a job interview, these five seconds could determine how you spend a large portion of your life. To make the best first impression, follow these quidelines:
1. Make sure you are dressed appropriately and well groomed.
2. Keep jewelry conservative and cologne/perfume subtle.
3. Make eye contact.
4. Shake hands with a firm, full-handed grip.
5. Introduce yourself. The interviewer may have gone through several interviews already, and could lose track of where he left off.
6. Smile. A smile shows sincerity, caring, and interest.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|